In honor of National Apple Month, Uncle Wally’s has cooked up a recipe for delicious no-guilt apple pie using our amazing Fiber One Wraps.
Fiber One Apple Pie tastes sinfully delicious – with its soft sweet crust and savory apple filling – but it’s actually low fat, low calorie and packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber. The recipe serves two people, but only if you really feel like sharing!
Our Fiber One Apple Pie is simple to make and even easier to love – the perfect warm treat for a cozy fall day.
- 1 Fiber One Wrap, Traditional White or Honey Wheat
- 1 extra large Golden Delicious apple (or 1 ½ medium size), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar, plus 1 tsp.
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Dash nutmeg (optional)
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- 1 tsp. butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Press Fiber One Wrap into an oven-safe pasta or soup bowl (opening should be 6-7” wide and about 1 ½” deep).
- In a medium mixing bowl, coat apple slices with lemon juice, 1 tbsp. brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add raisins.
- Spoon apple mixture onto the Fiber One Wrap. Evenly top with small pieces of butter and 1 tsp. brown sugar (and an extra dash of cinnamon if you like).
- Cover dish loosely with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes; uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes, until apples are tender.
Cool at least 15 minutes before serving. Serves 2.
Uncle Wally’s markets Fiber One Wraps under license for General Mills. Each wrap is only 80 calories and has 7 healthy grams of fiber. They’re available at many fine markets, including Shaw’s, Stop & Shop, Giant of Landover, Giant of Carlisle, Market Basket and Giant Eagle markets.