Our new Fiber One Black Bean Quesadilla may be the best answer yet to the question “What’s for lunch?”
Fiber One Wraps lay the foundation for a recipe that’s super easy and decadently delicious.
The quesadilla only takes about 5 minutes on your countertop grill or frying pan. Add a few low-fat toppings and a salad, and you’re in business!
Our Fiber One Black Bean Quesadilla also makes a great healthy snack, a light dinner, or even a quick, sustaining breakfast! Here’s how to make it:
Makes 1 quesadilla
- 1 Fiber One Wrap, Traditional, Honey Wheat or Garden Vegetable
- ¼ cup canned black beans, drained
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup diced fresh tomatoes
- Salsa (optional topping)
- Low-fat sour cream (optional topping)
Preheat countertop grill or frying pan
- Spread black beans evenly on one half of one side of a Fiber One Wrap.
- Spread cheddar cheese evenly over black beans.
- Fold wrap in half.
- Place on preheated countertop grill and close lid lightly.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on high (start checking for doneness after 3 minutes; it’s done when Fiber One Wrap is a golden brown and cheese is melted and hot). If cooking in a frying pan, carefully flip over for even browning after cheese has begun to melt.
- Place quesadilla on plate; using a fork, carefully open top of hot quesadilla to spread diced tomatoes evenly inside quesadilla.
- Add toppings if desired.
Fiber One Wraps are only 80 calories each and have 7 grams of dietary fiber. They are delicious on their own, or in recipes for rollups, sandwich wraps, snacks and desserts. Uncle Wally’s sells Fiber One Wraps under license for General Mills. They are sold at Stop & Shop, Shaw’s, Giant of Landover, Giant Food Stores, Market Basket, Giant Eagle and Roche Brothers.
Fiber One and associated words and designs are trademarks of General Mills, used under license. © General Mills