Our amazingly versatile Fiber One™ Wraps have been transformed once again – this time into a super-simple, low-calorie, low-fat, high-fiber quiche crust!
Let’s face it: A vegetable quiche can be a healthy meal choice, if it weren’t for the usual fatty, calorie-packed pastry crust. Our delicious Fiber One Broccoli-Cheddar Quiche recipe gives you the tasty, firm crust you’re looking for, plus plenty of protein, vitamins, minerals and fiber – without all the extra flour and fat.
Fiber One Broccoli-Cheddar Quiche is a great go-to recipe for everyday breakfast, lunch or dinner, or for a special weekend brunch. “Like” Uncle Wally’s on Facebook and tell us how you enjoyed it!
- 2 Fiber One Wraps (Traditional White, Honey Wheat or Garden Vegetable)
- Canola cooking spray
- 3 cups frozen broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1/3 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup milk, 1%
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wet both sides of the Fiber One Wraps with water (wraps should be moist, but not dripping). Cut both wraps into quarters and microwave all for 20 seconds on high to soften.
- Coat 8” or 9” pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and press the wrap quarters – rounded side up – into the sides of the pan, overlapping pieces slightly as you go; use remaining pieces to cover empty spots in the middle of the pie plate.
- Spread broccoli evenly on crust.
- Microwave onion and garlic for 1 minute, drain off liquid and spread evenly over broccoli. Top evenly with grated cheddar cheese.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk and spices and pour over the top of the vegetables and cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until top is lightly brown and center is set.
Fiber One Wraps are only 80 calories each and have 7 grams of dietary fiber. Uncle Wally’s markets Fiber One Wraps under license for General Mills. Fiber One Wraps are sold at Stop & Shop, Shaw’s, Giant of Landover, Giant Food Stores, Market Basket, Giant Eagle and Roche Brothers. They are also for sale online at http://unclewallys.com/products/fiber-one-fo-wraps.
Fiber One and associated words and designs are trademarks of General Mills, used under license. © General Mills