Uncle Wally’s new recipe for Fiber One Tarts is enough to get anyone to eat more fiber!
Our delicious Fiber One Wraps are baked with fruit and drizzled with fudge sauce to create an irresistible dessert that gives you a healthy 10 grams of dietary fiber and only 275 calories – for the entire Fiber One Tart!
Why should we worry about getting enough fiber? Fiber can carry away unhealthy cholesterol before it damages your arteries and hurts your heart. High-fiber foods are also known to promote a healthy body weight by making you feel full and keeping you full longer. Fiber also helps keep your digestive tract running smoothly. Experts say adults should get at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
Here’s the recipe for delicious Fiber One Tarts:
(makes 4 Fiber One Tarts)
- 4 Fiber One Wraps, Traditional or Honey Wheat
- 4 medium bananas
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. hot fudge sauce
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees:
- On a foil-lined baking pan, spray both sides of the Fiber One Wraps with cooking spray and sprinkle 1 tbsp. sugar evenly on both sides of the wraps.
- Bake wrap, on one side only, for five minutes.
- Slice bananas into bowl and mix with lemon juice.
- On baking sheet, flip wraps to unbaked side and arrange banana slices evenly on tops of each wrap. Sprinkle remaining 3 tbsp. sugar evenly over top of tarts.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until tarts are golden brown.
- Drizzle hot fudge over the tops of each tart before serving.
Fiber One Wraps are only 80 calories each and have 7 grams of dietary fiber. They are delicious on their own, or in recipes for rollups, sandwich wraps, snacks and desserts. Fiber One Wraps are available in Traditional, Honey Wheat and Garden Vegetable. Uncle Wally’s sells Fiber One Wraps under license for General Mills. They are sold at Stop & Shop, Shaw’s, Giant of Landover, Giant Food Stores, Market Basket, Giant Eagle and Roche Brothers. Fiber One Wraps are also for sale online: http://unclewallys.com/products/fiber-one-fo-wraps