Pillsbury and Uncle Wally’s teamed up to create the new Pillsbury™ Gluten Free Muffins, which has been certified by the Gluten Free Certification Organization (GFCO), the world’s leading gluten-free certification program.
GFCO gluten-free certification requires companies to comply with strict manufacturing, testing and inspection procedures. So when you sit down to eat a Pillsbury™ Gluten Free Muffin, you can simply enjoy how moist, flavorful and delicious it is – we do all the worrying, so you don’t have to!
Here are some of the special procedures we adhere to at our Uncle Wally’s bakery before, during and after baking Pillsbury™ Gluten Free Muffins:
- The gluten-free flour and other ingredients are stored in a separate storage facility from wheat-based ingredients.
- The Pillsbury™ Gluten Free Muffins are baked in a walled-off area from others baking wheat-based products. This special area even has its own ventilation system to help keep out airborne wheat particles.
- We thoroughly sanitize our bakery before gluten-free baking begins. The gluten-free baking area is rigorously tested for gluten by lab technicians – according to GFCO standards – before and during the baking.
- Our bakers wear special clothing, gloves and hats during gluten-free baking and are not allowed to move into parts of the bakery where wheat products are being made.
- After we finish packing our Pillsbury™ Gluten Free Muffins into their air-tight single-serving packs, we take random muffin samples from that batch and test them for the presence of gluten.
- We keep meticulous records for the GFCO of every single gluten test of our baking facility and gluten-free products.
- GFCO annually inspects our baking facilities for compliance with its gluten-free standards.
Whether you are avoiding gluten because you have celiac disease, an allergy or sensitivity, or just want to decrease the amount of wheat in your diet, we’re proud that you can count on Pillsbury™ Gluten Free Muffins.
Pillsbury™ Gluten Free Muffins have a taste and texture that can proudly stand among the best home-style muffins on the market today. They are available in Blueberry and Chocolate Chip, with more flavors to come. They are currently being sold at Wegmans Food Markets, Ingles Markets, ShopRite Supermarkets and Giant Eagle Stores.