Why do most recipes for cake pops begin by telling you to bake a cake?
You can do that – if you truly enjoy spending an extra hour in the kitchen!
Our recipe for chocolate-dipped “Wally Pops” simplifies the process by starting with Uncle Wally’s fresh and delicious Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins. Uncle Wally’s does the baking part – saving you precious time and energy – and you take the compliments.
We decorated Wally Pops for spring– they’re a delicious, fun and fancy addition to this season’s holiday gatherings, kids’ parties, bridal showers, graduation celebrations and school bake sales (nobody needs to know you didn’t bake!). These cake pops freeze beautifully, so you can make them well ahead of a special event.
Ingredients (makes about 15 pops)
- 1 three-pack Uncle Wally’s Rich & Moist Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins (12 oz. total)
- ¼ cup chilled frosting (vanilla or chocolate)
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips, 12 oz.
- 1 T canola oil
- Sprinkles, any type
- Cake pop or cookie pop sticks
- 1 round piece of Styrofoam base
- In large bowl, crush 3 muffins with clean hands.
- Add chilled frosting to the crumbled muffins and mix by hand until well blended; roll into 1-½ inch balls.
- Melt ¼ cup of chocolate chips in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well. (If not melted, microwave at additional 10-second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth).
- Dip ½ inch of one end of each cake pop stick into melted chocolate and insert coated end of stick halfway into each ball. Lay pops sideways on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet and freeze for 10-15 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Melt 1-¼ cups of chocolate chips and 1 tbsp. canola oil in a 2-cup glass bowl in microwave. Start by microwaving for 1 minute and stir. (If chocolate is not melted, microwave at additional 10-second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth).
- Dip pops, one at a time, in the melted chocolate. Rotate the pop for full coverage. Tap stick gently against side of bowl, letting excess chocolate drip off.
- Immediately apply sprinkles over a clean tray or plate, rotating the pop as you shake on the sprinkles. Or you can roll the pop in a bowl of sprinkles.
- After completing each pop, stand upright in Styrofoam base to dry.
By the way, it’s easy to double or triple this recipe. Wally Pops are so good, they disappear fast!
Share this recipe with family and friends, and have them like Uncle Wally’s on Facebook for more great recipes, healthy tips and information about new products.