But even just a few weeks into the new year, it can be obvious that New Year’s weight loss and exercise resolutions are much easier to make than to keep.
It’s not too late to keep a New Year’s resolution using these five techniques:
- Set Attainable Goals. For example, instead of trying to lose 20 pounds, resolve to lose 5 at first. Unrealistic resolutions are rarely kept.
- Write it Down. Commit your specific goal in writing – a paper journal or a
computer file are both effective. Don’t forget to add reasons you’re setting your goal and ways you plan to reach it. Refer back to this when you need inspiration, and add notes to track your progress.
- Find Support. People who declare their goal to others – for example, to
family and friends – have a better chance of succeeding, experts say. Don’t be
afraid to ask for help.
- Start Small. Ditch the all-or-nothing mentality and introduce healthier behaviors gradually over time. Example: begin by exercising just a few days a week, or do a healthy makeover on just one meal each day.
- Don’t Give Up. Remember this: If you throw in the towel on your resolution after you’ve gone off track (say you ate a huge ice cream sundae or skipped the gym for a week), you will most likely not reach your goal. If you forgive yourself and pick up where you left off, you’ll have a much greater chance of success.
Uncle Wally’s is committed to creating delicious products that indulge you while helping you stick to a healthy eating plan. Here are a few of our favorites:
Uncle Wally’s Low Fat Muffins only taste decadent. They are a good source
of protein and fiber and come in Blueberry, Apple Cinnamon, Chocolate, Cranberry Orange, Banana, Honey Raisin and Corn. Click on this link for an amazing recipe for low-fat Homemade Ice Cream Cake.
Uncle Wally’s Rich & Moist Mini Muffins are little beauties that help you satisfy your craving without going overboard. They come in classic flavors like Blueberry, Chocolate Chip, Banana Nut and Cinnamon Bun and are covered in a rich streusel topping.