Looking for a healthy, delicious breakfast you can whip up in no time?
We know you’re strapped for time, so we came up with three lightning-fast, sumptuous ideas for starting your day off right – all featuring Uncle Wally’s delicious new Smart Portion Muffin Tops. Each breakfast is super-healthy, under 250 calories and takes less than 2 minutes to prepare!
Since these breakfasts start with Smart Portion Muffin Tops, they have plenty of fiber (28% of your daily requirement from the Muffin Top alone!), protein, Omega-3s, calcium, vitamin D and live probiotics to help support your immune and digestive system. You can use any flavor Smart Portion Muffin Top – Rich Double Chocolate, Cranberry Apple, and Wild Blueberry – for any of the recipes.
- Microwave one frozen Smart Portion Muffin Top for 10-20 seconds.
- Top with 1/3 cup of your favorite low-fat yogurt and 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed, or microwaved for about 20 seconds)
Easy Egg Platter
An easy tip for microwaving a scrambled egg gets this protein-packed breakfast on the table in minutes.
- Spray a microwaveable two-cup bowl or measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray. Add an egg (or ¼ cup egg substitute) and 1 T milk and beat well. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, until egg is almost set. Mix egg well and microwave for another 30 seconds. Scramble with a clean fork, place on plate and top with 1 T salsa (optional).
- Microwave one frozen Smart Portion Muffin Top for 10-20 seconds. Cut in half.
- Rinse strawberries or other fresh fruit.
Chocolate Peanut-Butter Banana Blast
- Carefully cut one frozen Smart Portion Muffin Top in half with a sharp knife and microwave for 10-20 seconds.
- Spread 1 T peanut butter on bottom half of the Muffin Top.
- Cut ½ banana into 5 or 6 slices and place on bottom half of the Muffin Top. Cover bananas with the other half of the Muffin Top.
Uncle Wally’s Smart-Portion Muffin Tops are all-natural and preservative-free, and made with wholesome ingredients like yogurt, oat bran, flax seeds, soy fiber and egg whites They are available starting this month at retailers such as King Kullen, Shop Rite, C-Town and Associated Supermarkets. Look for them in your store’s all-natural freezer case.