By day, it’s a star of your holiday brunch. By night, it’s a centerpiece of your dessert table.
And no one would ever guess the secret ingredient to this simple, double-duty recipe is Uncle Wally’s Rich & Moist Apple Cinnamon Muffins! We figured that if these muffins are incredibly delicious on their own – with sweet chunks of apple and a warm cinnamon flavor – they would make a traditional bread pudding even more amazing. And we were right.
8 Uncle Wally’s Rich & Moist Apple Cinnamon Muffins
4 cups milk
½ cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup raisins
1 Tbsp. sugar (to sprinkle on top)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Beat eggs in large mixing bowl.
2. Add milk and sugar to the bowl, mixing well with a fork or whisk.
3. Stir in cinnamon, vanilla extract and raisins.
4. Break muffins into 1-inch chunks and fold them gently, but completely, into the liquid mixture.
5. Pour into 13×9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
6. Let stand for 5 minutes, so muffins can absorb the liquid.
7. Sprinkle remaining sugar evenly over the top.
8. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
When serving for dessert, offer guests the option to top the Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. This bread pudding is great as a leftover, cold or warmed, but it’s so good you can’t count on much being left over!
Have you tried Uncle Wally’s Triple Chocolate Trifle recipe? It’s an easy no-bake holiday dessert featuring Uncle Wally’s Rich & Moist Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins.