Uncle Wally’s has put an easy American twist on traditional Italian tiramisu – creating it with our delicious Low Fat Chocolate Muffins.
We have the baking covered, so this great-tasting Chocolate Tiramisu recipe couldn’t be simpler – layers of moist chocolate muffin, pungent coffee, sweet creamy cheese and flavorful cocoa.
“Tiramisu” means “pick-me-up” in Italian. We’re not sure if that refers to the lift you get from the coffee in the recipe or from the amazing fusion of all its flavors (close your eyes and you are transported to a sunny hillside in Tuscany!).
Pick up a four-pack of Uncle Wally’s amazing Low Fat Chocolate Muffins today and try this delicious dessert for yourself!
4 Uncle Wally’s Low Fat Chocolate Muffins (One 4-pack, 16 oz)
3/4 cup coffee, brewed double strength, or espresso
5 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. almond extract
2 ½ cups whipped topping (thawed)
1 ¼ cup mascarpone cheese*
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- Dissolve 5 tsp. sugar in 2 tbsp. warm coffee and 1 tsp. almond extract; blend together with whipped topping and mascarpone cheese. Set aside.
- Turn each muffin on its side and cut each into four round slices of equal thickness (you should have a total 16 round pieces when you are done).
- Pack eight of the muffin pieces tightly into the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish, in a single layer, breaking pieces in half when necessary to fit them in.
- Pour 4-5 tbsp. coffee evenly over the muffin pieces.
- Spread half of the whipped topping/cheese mixture evenly over the muffin pieces and sprinkle with 1 tbsp. cocoa powder.
- Repeat steps 3-5, finishing with the dusting of cocoa powder on top.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
*If you don’t have mascarpone cheese on hand, a well-blended mixture of equal parts sour cream and cream cheese can make a good substitution in this recipe.
“Like” Uncle Wally’s on Facebook, if you haven’t already, and tell us how you liked our Chocolate Tiramisu recipe!