So Uncle Wally’s has cooked up a stuffing that’s half the work.
Our delicious Corn Muffin Stuffing recipe calls for either Uncle Wally’s Rich & Moist Corn Muffins or our new Corn Mini Muffins – saving you time and energy you can put into cooking that big turkey (by the way, we’ll have turkey-prep tips in next week’s Uncle Wally’s Muffin Blog!).
- 6 Uncle Wally’s Rich & Moist Corn Muffins, or 2 cartons Corn Mini Muffins* (28 Mini Muffins)
- ½ cup butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp. dried sage
- 1 ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 2 ½ cups chicken or turkey stock
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut or break Uncle Wally’s corn muffins into 1 ½-inch pieces. Spread evenly on large cookie sheet and toast 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- After removing tray from oven, increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, salt and pepper, cooking 10-12 minutes, or until tender. Add stock, sage, thyme and cranberries and bring to a simmer.
- Place toasted muffin pieces in a greased 9×13 baking pan, and evenly cover with skillet mixture. Toss very lightly to mix. If stuffing seems too dry, add more chicken stock evenly on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, covered in foil. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until top is lightly browned.
Now, if only we could cut all your other Thanksgiving chores in half…
*Uncle Wally’s new corn Mini Muffins include Sweet Country Corn, Rich & Moist Corn, Buttery Corn, Cheddar Cheese, Cheddar and Onion, and Jalapeño and Cheddar.
Pass this recipe onto your friends and family, and ask them to like Uncle Wally’s on Facebook for more recipes and updates.