Note to gluten-free dessert lovers: Uncle Wally’s and Pillsbury are putting the “cake” back in ice cream cake!
Our amazing home-style Pillsbury™ Gluten Free Ready to Eat Muffins are the key that makes this recipe for Gluten Free Ice Cream Cake so delicious and so easy. Just assemble three layers, freeze and serve!
Our Gluten Free Ice Cream Cake is great for birthdays, holidays and other special occasions. Everyone will love it – whether they are avoiding gluten or not.
NOTE: Always read product labels to make sure every ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- 3 packs Pillsbury Gluten Free Ready to Eat Muffins, chocolate chip (12 muffins total)
- 1.5 qt. (or half gallon) gluten-free ice cream
- 1 lb (16 oz) gluten-free whipped topping (thawed in refrigerator)
- Mini chocolate chips or sprinkles, gluten free (optional, for decorating)
- Take ice cream out of freezer to thaw for 5-10 minutes (until softened but not runny).
- While ice cream is thawing, crumble 12 Pillsbury Gluten Free Muffins in large bowl. Mix 1 cup defrosted whipped topping into the muffins with fork until well blended.
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8- or 10-inch springform* pan with plastic wrap and lightly press muffin mixture evenly into the pan, pressing mixture into sides to create a level edge.
- When ice cream is softened, scoop entire container into the pan. Spread evenly with a spatula or back of a large spoon, making a level outside edge.
- Spread remaining whipped topping evenly over ice cream layer. Decorate with chocolate chips or sprinkles (optional).
- Cover and freeze at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from springform pan, peel away the plastic wrap, and place on serving plate. Serves 12-14.
*If you don’t have a springform pan, you can make the recipe in a square baking dish.
Pillsbury™ Gluten Free Ready to Eat Muffi