Our new Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie is not your traditional pumpkin pie – it’s even better!
That’s because recipe starts with a scrumptious cookie-like crust made from our delicious new Pillsbury™ Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins. A creamy pumpkin custard filling completes the tasty dessert.
Everyone will love it, gluten-free or not. It may even start a new tradition!
Here’s how to make it happen:
- 8 Pillsbury™ Gluten Free Ready to Eat Muffins, Chocolate Chip (2 7-0unce boxes)
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can pure pumpkin (15 oz.)
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
NOTE: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use clean hands to break apart 8 Pillsbury Gluten Free Muffins in a large mixing bowl until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add melted butter and blend well, forming a dough.
- Place dough in a sprayed pie plate and press dough evenly onto bottom and up the sides, creating a flat upper edge.
- Make a pie crust shield out of 2-inch strips of aluminum foil, crimped around and over the edges of the pie, to keep crust edges from burning. Bake crust for 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, make pie filling: Mix sugar and other dry ingredients in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add pumpkin and sugar mixture to large bowl and stir, gradually adding evaporated milk until blended.
- When crust is done baking, carefully take out of oven using oven mitts. Pour pumpkin pie filling into the crust and – with crust shield still on – carefully put pie plate back in oven.
- Turn oven temperature up to 425 degrees and bake pie for 15 minutes.
- Turn oven temperature back down to 350 degrees and bake pie for an additional 40-45 minutes, or until pie filling is set and knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool at room temperature for two hours before serving or refrigerating.
Pillsbury Gluten Free Ready to Eat Muffins are the delicious result of a partnership between Pillsbury and Uncle Wally’s. They are individually wrapped for on-the-go convenience and are certified gluten free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization. You can find Pillsbury Gluten Free Muffins in the all-natural freezer cases at Wegmans Food Markets, Ingles Markets, ShopRite Supermarkets and Giant Eagle Stores. Pillsbury and the Doughboy character are trademarks of General Mills, used under license. (C) General Mills