Here’s a new trick that’s a real Halloween treat: We’ve turned our Uncle Wally’s Low Fat Chocolate Muffins into adorable jack-o’-lanterns!
They are easy to make for your Halloween party at school or home – so easy even kids can make them as a party craft.
Our dense, fudgy Low Fat Chocolate Muffins are the perfect start for this festive treat; A surprise frosting filling and jack-o’-lantern face are holiday bonuses! They’re so delicious everyone will love them!
(makes 12 jack-o’-lantern muffins)
- 3 packs Uncle Wally’s Low Fat Chocolate Muffins (12 muffins total)
- 1 tub vanilla frosting
- Red and yellow food coloring
- Raisins or chocolate chips (for face and stem)
- Green sprinkles (optional, for pumpkin leaves)
- Following directions on dye package, use yellow and red dye to turn the vanilla frosting orange.
- Cut off the crest of each muffin, creating a level top. Next, carve a circular hole (about 1” wide, 1” deep) into the top center of the muffins. (Save the muffin pieces for snacking – they are delicious!)
- Fill hole in center of muffin with orange frosting, then spread more orange frosting across the entire top of the muffin.
- Press a raisin in one edge of the frosting to create a pumpkin stem. Optional: Surround the stem with some green sprinkles to create the look of pumpkin leaves (see picture).
- Cut large raisins in half and pinch into triangle shapes to create the eyes, nose and mouth of the Jack-O-Lantern (or use chocolate chips).
A very safe and happy Halloween from all of us at Uncle Wally’s!
Uncle Wally’s has baked in at least 5 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber into each Uncle Wally’s Low Fat Muffin. They come in seven mouth-watering flavors: Blueberry, Apple Cinnamon, Chocolate, Cranberry Orange, Banana, Honey Raisin and Corn. They are available at many fine stores, including King Kullen, A&P, Key Foods, Pathmark, IGA, Best Yet, Waldbaums, Meat Farms and Guinta’s.