Are you tired of paying sky-high prices for the ice cream cake you love?
With Uncle Wally’s easy Homemade Ice Cream Cake recipe, you can make it yourself!
We were inspired by our delicious new Low Fat Muffins to create a simple, reduced-fat ice cream cake that you can make in your own kitchen in about 10 minutes. It tastes so great and looks so impressive, you may even be surprised that you made it!
You only need three ingredients: your favorite Uncle Wally’s Low Fat Muffins, your favorite low-fat ice cream, and low-fat whipped topping. (We paired our fudgy new Chocolate Low-Fat Muffins with cookies and cream ice cream.)
You’ll be proud to serve your Homemade Ice Cream Cake at your next birthday, graduation or holiday – but it’s so easy it just might become your favorite anytime crowd-pleasing dessert (Uncle Wally’s taste-testers raved about it as they gobbled up large pieces!).
Send us a photo of your finished cake and let us know if we can post it on Uncle Wally’s Facebook page!
- 2 packs Uncle Wally’s Low Fat Muffins, chocolate (8 muffins total)
- 1.5 qt. (or half gallon) low-fat ice cream, cookies and cream
- 1 lb (16 oz) low-fat whipped topping (thawed in refrigerator)
- Take ice cream out of freezer to thaw for 5-10 minutes (until softened but not runny).
- While ice cream is thawing, crumble 7 ½ Uncle Wally’s Low Fat Muffins in large bowl (save the remaining bottom half of a muffin for decorating the cake top later). Mix 1 cup of defrosted whipped topping into the muffins with fork until crumbly and well blended.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform* pan with plastic wrap and press muffin mixture evenly into the pan, pressing mixture into the sides to create a level edge.
- When ice cream is softened, scoop entire container into pan. Press evenly over muffin mixture with the back of a large spoon, making a level outside edge.
- Spoon remaining whipped topping evenly over ice cream layer, up to a quarter-inch from the top edge of the pan.
- Crumble remaining half muffin in a small bowl and sprinkle it on the outside edge of the cake. If it’s a special occasion, you can write with icing on the cake center now.
- Cover in plastic wrap and freeze at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from springform pan and place on cake plate for serving. Serves 12-14.
*If you don’t have a springform pan, you can make the recipe in a 9×13 baking dish. After freezing, just serve the cake straight from the pan.