Need a simple, no-fail dessert to serve at this summer’s barbecues?
Uncle Wally’s delicious new recipe pairs Rich & Moist Muffins with the season’s freshest fruit to create a beautiful – and patriotic – Red, White and Blue Trifle.
Because Uncle Wally’s has done the baking for you, it takes less than 10 minutes to put this impressive dessert together. Here’s how:
- 6 Uncle Wally’s Rich & Moist Cheesecake Muffins (two 3-packs; 24 oz. total)
- 1 16-ounce tub whipped topping, thawed
- 2 pints strawberries
- 2 pints blueberries
- Cut or break 3 muffins into chunks and spread evenly in the bottom of a trifle bowl (or any clear glass bowl with round side and a flat bottom).
- Spread half of whipped topping on top of muffins pieces.
- Layer on 1 pint of strawberries, sliced, and then 1 pint of blueberries.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3. For the final fruit layer, form an outer ring of sliced strawberries (cut some of the strawberries in half to decorate the top of that ring) and place all the remaining blueberries in the center (see photo).
Cover and refrigerate before serving. If you’re a chocolate lover, you might also try Uncle Wally’s Triple Chocolate Trifle.
“Like” Uncle Wally’s on Facebook and let us know how you liked your Red, White and Blue Trifle!