Did you know you can make an amazing pie crust using our Smart Portion Rich Double Chocolate Muffin Tops?
No? We didn’t either! But recently, after a little experimentation, we came up with a simple recipe to turn our Smart Portion Muffin Tops into a wonderful, fudgy crust that is simply irresistible. We filled the crust with a delicious chocolate-cream pudding, and a Smart Portion Double Chocolate Pie was born! One taste and we were in chocolate heaven – and we think you will be, too!
Do we really need to say that our low-fat Smart Portion Muffin Tops fill your Smart Portion Double Chocolate Pie with plenty of healthy probiotics, Omega-3s, vitamin D, calcium, fiber and protein? Of course! You can feel extra-good about having a slice – and serving it to your family and friends!
Double Chocolate Pie Crust
- 6 Smart Portion Muffin Tops, Rich Double Chocolate (1-½ 8-ounce boxes)
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. soft margarine (0% trans fats), melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend 6 Smart Portion Muffin Tops in a food processor (or break apart by hand in a mixing bowl) until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add sugar and melted margarine and blend well.
- Place mixture into a lightly greased 9- or 10-inch oven-safe pie pan. Press mixture evenly onto the pan bottom and up the sides.
- Bake pie crust for 15 minutes, until firm and slightly crisp. Let crust cool completely before filling.
- 2 packages (3.9-ounce each) fat-free instant pudding mix, chocolate flavored
- 2 cups cold skim milk
- 1 container fat-free whipped topping, thawed (8 ounces)
- In a mixing bowl, beat pudding mixes and milk with a whisk for 2 minutes.
- Whisk half of the container of whipped topping into the pudding.
- Pour mixture into cooled Double Chocolate Pie crust and top with remaining half container of whipped topping (or wait until serving to top each slice). Refrigerate pie 3 hours or more before serving.
Smart Portion Muffin Tops are available in Rich Double Chocolate, Cranberry Apple and Wild Blueberry. They are available in the all-natural freezer case of supermarkets such as King Kullen, ShopRite, Foodtown, C-Town, Associated (NY), Met Foods, Pioneer and Bravo.