Turkey and stuffing on a weeknight? Why not?!
Uncle Wally’s latest recipe adds a spicy southwestern twist to an American classic, and gets it on the table in a fraction of the time.
With our delectable new Sweet Country Corn Mini Muffins as inspiration, we whipped up a simple, wholesome one-dish dinner that everyone will love.
Just add a salad or vegetable and dinner is done.
- 4 turkey cutlets (about 1 lb.), or chicken cutlets pounded to an even thickness
- 1 carton Uncle Wally’s Sweet Country Corn Mini Muffins, any variety* (14 Mini Muffins)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper (optional), seeded and finely chopped, or 8-10 drops jalapeño pepper sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 ¼ cups chicken or turkey stock
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup tomato salsa
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray large frying pan with non-stick cooking spray, preheat pan on medium-high and fry cutlets for 3 minutes on each side, until browned. Put aside.
- In mixing bowl or large measuring cup, mix butter, onion, celery, bell pepper, jalapeño (optional) and microwave 5 minutes on high, until tender. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Cut or break Uncle Wally’s corn muffins into 1-inch pieces and place in a sprayed 8X8” baking dish. Spoon vegetable-liquid mixture evenly over the top of the muffin pieces.
- Arrange turkey cutlets on top of corn muffin mixture and spread a heaping tablespoon of salsa onto each cutlet.
- Cover baking dish loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle cheese evenly over entire dish. Bake uncovered for 7 more minutes. Cheese should be completely melted.
*Uncle Wally’s Sweet Country Corn Mini Muffin flavors include Buttery Corn, Cheddar Cheese, Cheddar and Onion, and Jalapeño and Cheddar.