Would you believe you can easily turn our delicious Rich & Moist Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins into elegant chocolate truffles?
It’s true – and we’re sharing our fun-to-make, no-bake Triple-Chocolate Truffle recipe!
Uncle Wally’s Triple-Chocolate Truffles are perfect for holiday parties at home or at the office, for dessert buffets and even as a pretty gift.
This recipe is easy to double or triple – which is a good idea, considering how fast these truffles disappear! Also, they can be made several days ahead, and even freeze well.
Ingredients (makes about 15 large truffles)
- 1 three-pack Uncle Wally’s Rich & Moist Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins (12 oz. total)
- ¼ cup chilled frosting (vanilla or chocolate)
- 1-¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 T canola oil
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips and 1 tsp. canola oil (for decoration)
- In large bowl, crush 3 muffins with clean hands.
- Add chilled frosting to the crumbled muffins and mix by hand until well blended; roll into 1-½ inch balls. Place in freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Place 1-¼ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 tbsp. canola oil in a 2-cup microwaveable glass bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. (If chocolate is not melted, microwave at additional 10-second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth).
- Dip chocolate balls, one at a time, into the bowl the melted chocolate. Rotate with a spoon to fully coat with chocolate.
- Remove truffle from bowl with two toothpicks (one on each side), letting excess chocolate drip off, and place truffle on a foil-lined tray. Repeat for each truffle and refrigerate truffles for at least an hour.
- To make white-chocolate decoration, melt ¼ cup white chocolate chips and 1 tsp. oil in a 1-cup glass measuring cup or bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. (If chocolate is not melted, microwave at additional 10-second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth).
- Pour melted white chocolate in a small plastic baggie and cut a tiny hole in one corner of the bag. To decorate, lightly squeeze white chocolate out of baggie while passing it back and forth over the truffles. Chill the truffles until chocolate is set.
Our Uncle Wally’s family wishes you and your family a beautiful holiday season!