Uncle Wally’s ‘WallyWich’ ice cream cookie sandwiches are proof that great things happen when Halloween and National Cookie Month meet!
We’ve rolled both October holidays into one delicious, festive recipe that is simple to make and even easier to love. All it takes is a few scrumptious Uncle Wally’s All-Butter Crispy Cookies, your favorite ice cream and some Halloween-themed sprinkles and chocolate chips.
The secret is in the great cookies: Uncle Wally’s uses the most natural ingredients – including fresh creamery butter – to bake these delicious cookies with melt-in-your-mouth goodness.
WallyWich cookie sandwiches will be a sure hit at your Halloween party; they work just as well for other holidays – just change the sprinkle colors.
Here’s how to make a WallyWich cookie sandwich:
- 2 Uncle Wally’s All-Butter Crispy Cookies
- ½ cup Ice Cream (we used vanilla)
- Halloween-themed sprinkles and/or Mini Chocolate Chips.
- Remove ice cream from freezer for 5 or 10 minutes, until soft but not runny.
- Place a Crispy Cookie, bottom side up, on a plate. Scoop ½-cup ice cream onto the cookie (an alternate method is to press ice cream into a ½-cup measuring cup that is slightly smaller in diameter than the cookie; run a butter knife around the sides of the cup to loosen the ice cream and ease it onto the cookie).
- Place the second Crispy Cookie on top of the ice cream layer and press gently and evenly on top until ice cream reaches approximately to the edges of the cookies.
- Roll the sides of the cookie sandwich in decorative sprinkles, chocolate chips, or a combination of both, until ice cream is mostly covered.
- Serve immediately or cover in plastic wrap and freeze. If you are making more than one WallyWich for later use, wrap and freeze each one as you make it.
Uncle Wally’s All Butter Crispy Cookies come in three gourmet varieties: Chocolate Chip, Chocolate-Chocolate Chip and Salted Caramel Peanut. They are currently sold at stores on Long Island, NY, including Shop Rite, IGA, Handy Pantry, The Barn (formerly known as Dairy Barn), select 7-11 stores, and various gourmet shops.